PinPics Compare Wants and Trades links
You asked! We listened! Why? Because we love you!
You requested Wants and Trades links to use on your forum profile footer area. We created this page to allow you to simply cut-n-paste the links to your forum profile signature.
HOW DO I GET THE LINK INTO DPF? (PinTalk, scroll down for instructions)
- 1. Log in to your DPF profile
- 2. Go to "SETTINGS"
- 3. Click "Edit Signature"
- 4. Type "Wants" or "My Wants" or "PinPics Wants" into the page and style it
- 4. Double click what you just typed in and press the "LINK button" (the one under the A that looks like a Globe with a Chain Link at the bottom), press "OK"
- 4. Cut-n-paste the above Wants link code into the URL area
- 5. Do the same thing for your TRADES link
- 5. Press "Submit"
About having to log in to PinPics first -- we do this to protect your user accounts. That said, we also listened to your desire to return to the right place after login.
This feature works for Tablets and Desktops only, at this time. This page illustrates how this will work for you. If you get logged out of PinPics, the index page will
send you right back to the member page (or this page, depending on where you want to go) once you log in.
But why do we have to go back to the index page to login?
Good Question! -- because if we don't our page gets stuck in an infinite loop and never actually resolves itself. Think of a dog chasing it's tail. Forever.
The page becomes that dog unless we redirect it. So, that's what we do. THEN we teach the dog to rollover properly after login. Hope this helps you understand things better. We
don't wish to randomly frustrate our users, we want to give you something that works and meets your needs, to the best of our abilities.
ADVANCED HTML SIGNATURES:
If you are one of the lucky ones that has HTML = Yes in your forum Signature Settings, you could simply cut-n-paste the following code into your Signature area instead. But that is not the default, and only the forum can control that account setting, not us. Ask for your settings to be upgraded, if you want to use this code instead.
HOW DO I GET THE LINKS INTO PINTALK?
- 1. Copy all of the information in the box that says "HERE'S YOUR CUSTOM CODE".
- 2. Sign into pintalk.
- 3. Click on the account link at the top of the page.
- 4. Click the Edit signatures link.
- 5. If you are already using a signature click on the link for it (if not go to step 8) . Under the box that says "HTML signature" click on the box next to "Spellcheck", it should turn yellow and look like what you copied from the CUSTOM CODE. Go to the very bottom of the code in the box and paste in your custom code. Click on the box next to "Spellcheck" again and you should see your new links in the box.
- 6. Click on the "SAVE SETTING" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
- 7. Click on the "SAVE" button and you are done. You now have links that other people can click on to compare their pins to yours.
- 8. If you want to make a new signature or don't currently have a signature you need to click on the "add signature" button after step 4. Then click on the box next to "Spellcheck" , paste your custom code into the html box and click on the box next to the "Spellcheck" and you should have links that say "MY PINPICS WANTS | MY PINPICS TRADES", go to step 6.
HERE'S WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE:
HERE'S YOUR CUSTOM CODE: